It’s great to have a list of the treadmills, but it’s of no use if you don’t know what exactly you want. So, when you are planning to buy the best treadmill for home use, there are some important factors that you need to borne in mind while purchasing the treadmill in India.
This treadmill buying guide India will help you in selecting the treadmill that’s best for you to make you understand everything about treadmills, the factors you should consider before buying a treadmill. So, let’s start with…
What are the features to look for?
One of the most important features is the brand. It is not always necessary that the most popular ones come with all your required features. Therefore it is important for you to invest in the right kind of brand earlier in the article we have talked about the best treadmill brands in India so you can choose the best for yourself. One of the must-haves in any treadmill buying guide in India.
Know About Manufacturer’s Background and History:
Look at the manufacturer’s history since how long the company has been producing treadmills, check company market value and also what are the reviews.
Another crucial feature that you need to consider while buying the ideal treadmill in India is its price. Choose the treadmill as per your budget. A decent treadmill can range from 25,000 to 1,00,000.
The treadmill brands in India offers 3 to 5 years of warranty. So the customer will be satisfied even after buying the product. Most of the treadmills brands in India offer a 3-year of motor and 1-year parts warranty.
Running Area/ Deck Size:
As you don’t want a cramped treadmill. That is why a large running area is always preferable. This is one of the crucial aspects of this treadmill buying guide India.
On average, these are the treadmill belt lengths you should look for:
- 20×55 – Good for walkers and some light jogging, maybe a bit short for runners or those who are over 6’1”.
- 20×60 – Is the standard length for better treadmills and is good for walkers, joggers, and runners.
- 22×60 – Ideas length and width for runners and users who utilize high inclines.
Besides the size, also consider other features like the running deck has shock absorption. It reduces the impact on your knees, joints, and legs. Please do make special note of this point in this treadmill buying guide India.
Go for a treadmill with the least amount of noise, so that you workout either in silence or watching TV, or listen to music. One of the most underrated features in a treadmill buying guide India.
Manual incline or auto incline:
Look for treadmills that have either the auto incline feature that automatically detects your speed and incline to the floor for a better workout, or have the manual incline treadmill. An automatic incline treadmill is costly than a manual treadmill.
Tracking (heart rate, calories, BMI, pulse):
A must feature before buying the treadmill is – its ability to track different things related to your body. An important point in this treadmill buying guide India. It should be able to track and give reliable data about your progress and the calories burnt along with your heart rate.
Number Of People Using It:
If multiple people will use the treadmill, then go for a treadmill that is more durable.
Also, consider the factor you want the treadmill for walking or running. If you want to run a lot on the treadmill, then buy the treadmill in India with a more durable belt.
Kind Of Exercises You Want To Do:
One of the crucial points to keep in mind, while reading any treadmill buying guide India.
1. Before you buy a treadmill, think about your goals. You want to get fit, you want to improve your stamina or you want to lose fat.
2. For running, purchase a powerful treadmill with a high weight capacity.
3. For walking, a less powerful treadmill with lower weight capacity will serve the purpose.
4. If you’re an advanced fitness enthusiast, then get a treadmill with a lot of programs and a high weight capacity. I would suggest you go for Powermax Fitness TDA-125 (2.0 HP), Smart Run Function, Auto Lubrication & Auto Inclination Motorized Treadmill for Cardio Workout
It is a key feature that treadmills should have. First of all, ensure that is safe for you to use the treadmill? If you are not sure, consult a doctor before using it.
Second, check the safety key near the control panel. A safety key is a plug that you can pull to stop the treadmill immediately on emergency.
Manual or Electronic:
As per your requirement and usage level select either manual or Electronic treadmill.
Pre-built programs and pre-sets:
Treadmills also come with pre-set programs for you to be able to lose weight easier. You can choose from these programs.
An important aspect of this blog on treadmill buying guide India. The supported weight is the weight that treadmills can support. That’s why you need to know how much weight a treadmill can take to make a decision. In case you’re overweight or need a treadmill then buy the best treadmill of India, the Powermax Fitness TDA-230 (2.0 HP), Semi-Auto Lubrication, Motorized Treadmill with 15 level Auto Inclination for Intense Workout Sessions.
Search for a treadmill that saves up on both your calories and budget. Look at the power usage of a treadmill to make sure the motor of the treadmill uses lesser power.
It is an essential feature that you need to check before buying the product for yourself. The general range of speed lies around 14 Km/h to 20 km/h. A faster speed treadmill is for people looking for losing weight faster.
The moving parts of treadmills require maintenance. The running area requires special care. It needs to be lubricated enough for an efficient workout. Some treadmills come with automatic regular lubrication, some with manual lubrication.
Treadmill Belt Durability – Treadmill Buying Guide India
There are many ways to refer to treadmill belts: walking belt, tread belt, running belt and more. There are some differences you can find between treadmill belts. An important features in this blog on treadmill buying guide India.
- Belt ply – Ply refers to the thickness of the treadmill belt. A 1-ply belt is decent enough for a home use treadmill, especially if it is just for walking. Few of the top treadmill manufacturers will make a treadmill with a belt thinner than 2-ply. A 2-ply belt is considered commercial quality.
- Stretch – You will want a non-stretch belt as this kind of belt will be less prone to developing slack. If the treadmill you are interested in doesn’t have the stretch listed, be sure to contact the sales department to inquire.
- Roller size – The size of the treadmill’s rollers also affect the lifespan of the treadmill belt. Larger roller diameters mean less wear and tear on the treadmill belt.
Powering Your Treadmill – Treadmill Buying Guide India
We have noticed that buyers have no idea of few of the acronyms used in a Treadmill and this treadmill buying guide India intends just to make these terms crystal clear to you.
- Horsepower – A motor that is measured via horsepower (HP) has only measured the top strength of the motor. This shows no evidence of how strong the motor stays over time. Not considered a reliable measurement of treadmill motor strength.
- Continuous Duty horsepower – When the continuous duty horsepower (CHP) of a treadmill motor is assessed, the measurement is taken over an extended period of time. It shows that the motor can maintain the power it is rated for without lagging or slowing down under strain. Generally considered the most reliable way to measure treadmill motor strength.
Let us dive deeper into few of the numbers. Specially suitable for the purpose of this treadmill buying guide India.
- 1.0 CHP – Only a low-intensity treadmill has a motor in the 1.0 CHP range. We do not recommend any treadmill with a motor of this size. It can really only accommodate walkers and likely will not last long under any greater stress than a casual walker.
- 2.0 CHP – Treadmill motors in this range are best for walkers and light jogging. The small size of these motors generally makes them quieter than larger treadmill motor sizes. You tend to find motors of this size range in budget treadmills.
- 3.0 CHP – If you are looking to run regularly on your treadmill, you will want a treadmill in the 3.0 CHP size range. They have the strength to keep up with your workout and not slow down. This is a good size for families who will have multiple users of varying fitness levels.
- 4.0 CHP – The top treadmills of the home treadmill market have 4.0 CHP motors. These treadmill motors are able to keep up with serious runners who make high physical demands on their equipment.
5.0 CHP – Not generally found in treadmills available on the consumer market, treadmills with 5.0 CHP motors can be found in commercial gyms and health clubs.
*Please note that the CHP motor ratings refer to the motor power achieved in a testing facility. You are not going to achieve this same amount of power when using the treadmill in your home due to the smaller wattage limitations of a residential home or apartment. Regardless of this information, almost all treadmills have plenty of power to run and function as expected. Please also know that we are not electricians or experts in that field. We are experts in reviewing fitness equipment and the majority of equipment we review works as expected based off of the expected motor size.
Should you buy a Treadmill online? – Treadmill Buying Guide India
In today’s digital era, if you buy a treadmill online it will give you more advantages over buying from a mall or a Brand Shop. The delivery will be fast, you will get more discount offers and a number of other offers like doorstep warranty and many more.
That’s all for my side on the treadmills in India and a buying guide. I hope you find it worth. Do share your experience and in case of any query feel free to ask we would love to help you out.
Note: Always choose a Treadmill with user weight capacity at-least 20 Kgs more than your current weight as the impact weight increases during running