We bring to you an exhaustive list of top 11 document scanners in India. Oh!! by the way, you should also read this exhaustive Top Buying Guide For Document Scanner | Most In-depth Research intended to provide you unique insights into the world of document scanners.
Questions and Answers
Question 1: Which is the best scanner in India?
Oh! boy we are so glad you asked this question :)) Just see the table to content below and click on any of the link to know more!!
Question 2: What are the two main types of document scanners?
Essentially, there are four kinds of document scanners (first two being majority ones) Flatbed scanners; Sheetfed scanners; handheld scanners; portable scanners; photo scanners. We have the world’s most detailed buying guide – made just for you! This buying guide explains every information related to scanners in minute details.
Question 3: Which type of device is scanner?
A scanner is an input device that scans documents such as photographs and pages of text. When a document is scanned, it is converted into a digital format. This creates an electronic version of the document that can be viewed and edited on a computer.
Question 4: What is a scanner and its types?
A document scanner is considered the perfect tool for digitizing documents, slides, photos and other materials. A document scanner is available in different models depending upon the purpose they are going to be used for. See this detailed buying guide for more details. A scanner is an input device that scans documents be it anything, from pages of text to say any photo. When a document is scanned, it is converted into a digital format. This creates an electronic version of the document that can be viewed and edited on a computer.
Question 5: How do I choose a scanner?
Simple, go to the most detailed buying guide for document scanner and decide for yourself! We have compiled the best buying guide on internet.
1. HP ScanJet Pro 2000 Document Scanners
One of the customers has to say this about this product:
This is the scanning beast. Can scan 2 sides in one go in no time. Good for offices having large document scanning tasks. Takes A4, Legal, cards, photos.
I would not go as far as saying it is perfect for business purpose, but this document scanner is certainly the best for heavy jobs at home. I mean if you are looking for a lot of pages at once at home, this can be your ideal document scanner.
Some of the technical specifications of these document scanners:
Scan button, Power button with a LED and a LED for Error indication
Scanner type Sheetfed; Scan technology: CMOS CIS; Scan input modes: One default scan mode on front-panel for HP scan in Win OS, HP Easy Scan/ICA in Mac OS and third parties applications via TWAIN, ISIS and WIA; Twain version: Windows: TWAIN version 2.1; Mac: not available; Colour scanning: Yes; Output resolution dpi settings: 75; 150; 200; 240; 300; 400; 500; 600; 1200 ppi; Image scaling or enlargement range: Will not perform any arbitrary scaling
Up to 30 page per minute
Optical Up to 600 dpi (colour and monochrome, sheet-feed); Hardware: Up to 600 dpi (colour and monochrome, sheet-feed)
Scan File Format
For text and images: PDF, JPEG, PNG, BMP, TIFF, TXT (Text), RTF (Rich Text) and searchable PDF
Scanner Advanced Features
Auto-color detect, auto-crop, auto-exposure, auto orient, OCR, edge removal, background cleanup, remove hole, color drop out, straighten the page, scan to cloud, scan to email, PDF security.
Typical duty cycle
Recommended for 2,000 pages per day
Auto document feeder capacity
Standard Hi-Speed USB 2.0;
Minimum System Requirement
PC: Apple® OS X Yosemite, OS X Mavericks, OS X Mountain Lion, 1 GB available hard disk space, Internet required, USB; Microsoft® Windows® 10, 8.1, 8, 7: 32-bit/64-bit, 2 GB available hard disk space, CD-ROM/DVD drive or Internet connection, USB port, Microsoft® Internet Explorer
Compatible opertating system
OS X Mavericks 10.9, OS X Yosemite 10.10, OS X El Capitan 10.11, Microsoft® Windows® 10, 8.1, 8, 7: 32-bit or 64-bit
HP WIA Scan Driver, HP TWAIN Scan Driver, HP Scan, HP Scanner Tools Utility, Nuance PaperPort (Win only), I.R.I.S Readiris OCR, I.R.I.S Cardiris (Win only), EMC ISIS (Win only)
Even though this document scanner is for heavy usage, I would recommend to use it for home purpose.
2. Epson WorkForce Flatbed Document Scanners
These document scanners are one of the fastest of the document scanners out there. Though it is meant for office use, it still puts up a fierce competition with the rest of the document scanner meant for heavy business purposes.
Combining a flatbed document scanner with the convenience of a 50-page ADF makes it possible to scan a wide range of challenging documents, including books, bound documents, passports and delicate items while quickly and simply scanning stacks of office documents.
Its small footprint makes it easy to position in front office and customer-facing environments, as well as back-office workgroups.
Some of its technical features are:
Flatbed Document Scanner
1,200 dpi x 1,200 dpi (Horizontal x Vertical)
A4, A5, A6, B5, Letter, Letter Legal
ReadyScan LED technology
Monochrome: 25 Pages/min – Colour: 25 Pages/min , Resolution: 200 / 300 dpi, Monochrome: 10 image/min – Colour: 10 image/min , Resolution: 200 / 300 dpi
ADF paper setting capacity
Skip blank page, A3 stitching, Advanced editing, Automatic de-skew, Auto-rotation, Text enhancement, Descreening, Full Zonal OCR
JPEG, TIFF, multi-TIFF, PDF, PDF / batch, searchable PDF
One of the customers has to say this about this document scanner:
Easy to use. Simple scanning of all options–email, copies, pdf, etc. In eight years this scanner has never missed a beat. It is built to last and does everything needed in our office. It is a flatbed as well as a sheet feed scanner. The cover easily pops off for books or oversized documents or images. It is high resolution and the sheet feet scanning is fast. This scanner has outlasted two desktops and five laptops and it works like it is new. This is likely why the manufacturer has discontinued this model. If mine broke, I’d find another of the same model. I can’t think of one thing to improve.
And we could not agree more with this customer!! So true!! Please do not worry this model is still available.
1. The power cord is a little odd – it’s a typical double-barrel power cord but the jack is set at 90 degrees from the cord to fit the scanner’s power connector, which is tucked in a little nook at the back.. This is fine unless you ever lose the power cord in a move – then it would be tricky to find a replacement because I don’t think a generic double-barrel cord would fit unless you could bend it 90 degrees right at the jack.
2. When you open the scanner software a screen comes up that you specify the file format and location you want to save it to, this is normal for scanners. However, you cannot change the default setting for where the image is saved. Every time you open the scanner it will default to your pictures folder.
But I think the price at which these document scanners are being provided, it is ok to have two cons (which by the way is absolutely non- consequential).
3. Fujitsu PA03670 Document scanners
Some of its features are:
1. Best in its class in cost-performance. This document scanner scans colour A4 documents at a speed of 60 ppm / 120 ipm, offering unmatched cost-performance.
2. Large volume hopper This document scanner is capable of setting up to 80 pages in the large volume hopper which allows you to quickly digitize a large volume of documents.
3. High speed interface These document scanners support USB 3.0 for high-speed data transfer between the scanner and the computer.
4. Equipped with LCD (Liquid Crystal Display): LCD is equipped on the operational panel to display the operational settings for scanning documents, the number of sheets scanned, and error status. It is used to easily check the status of the scanner.
5. Equipped with enhanced Paper protection function The new technology iSOP (Intelligent Sonic Paper Protection) reduces the risk of having the documents damaged by stopping the scan when the scanner detects paper jam sound.
6. ”Skew Reducer” – stable paper feeding mechanism These document scanners are equipped with “Skew Reducer” to ensure straight paper feeding even for mix batch of small or thin papers. This function reduces the skewness of the documents and thus minimizes the occurrence of missing the edge of the scanned image data.
7. Improved efficiency for pre-scan work These document scanners can perform “batch scanning” which allows you to scan documents with different paperweights and sizes at once, simplifying the process of sorting the documents before scanning.
8. Reduced work loss caused by multi feeds These document scanners mount an ultrasonic multi feeds sensor that accurately detects “multi feeds” errors where two or more sheets are fed through the scanner at once. This multi-feed detection is reliable even when scanning a mixed batch of documents with different paper weights and sizes, avoiding potential work loss.
9. Intelligent Multifeed function When there is a paper of the same size attached to a designated location on the page, the Intelligent Multifeed function enables the scanner to recognize the location of the attachment. This allows you to continue scanning instead of pausing the scan by detecting every paper attachment as multi-feed.
10. Advanced image processing function The scanner’s automatic detection function outputs images in colour or monochrome by the document content. This allows you to save the hassle of changing the settings for every scan.
11. Centralized management of multiple scanners The bundled “Scanner Central Admin” application allows you to manage multiple scanners together. For example, you can update the scanner settings and drivers, as well as monitor the operating status of each scanner.
12. These document scanners have renewed scanner driver and image capturing software.
13. PaperStream IP – Produce high-quality image processing PaperStream IP is the scanner driver for fi Series which is based on TWAIN / ISIS standard. With the advanced black and white process, various documents can be automatically and easily converted into image data suitable for OCR (Optical character recognition). High-quality image data can be created without pre-setting the scanning settings beforehand.
14. PaperStream Capture – These document scanners enhanced batch scanning PaperStream Capture is an application to scan and manage the scanned data using fi Series scanners. Whether it is adjusting the scanning settings or performing batch scanning, you can complete the tasks easily with the user-friendly UI. With the seamless linkage with PaperStream IP, you can perform high quality image processing and batch scanning at the same time.
15. Option: Post Imprinter The optional imprinter unit prints identification markers like dates, alphanumeric codes and symbols on the reverse side of the original document. This makes it easier to locate the originals of scanned document when you need to reference them.
16. These document scanners have ScanSnap Carrier Sheet which allows you to scan documents, photos or clippings larger than A4 size. Documents larger than A4 (such as A3 or B4) or photos and clippings that can be damaged easily can be digitized when using the Carrier Sheets. *ScanSnap Carrier Sheets (5 sheets per set) can be purchased separately. (The Carrier Sheet should be replaced approximately every 500 scans).
One of the comments made by the user is:
I install these absolutely anywhere I’m able to get clients to spend the money. They’re fast, they produce very high quality scans, and the software and drivers that come with them are very nice. You can use the paperstream drivers to create multiple scan profiles and set users up to be able to take a single document and scan in multiple pages of all different sizes and the software will skip blank pages and automatically detect the correct size of each sheet of paper in a single scan. I usually get users setup to do all this with just the touch of their scan button on the front of the scanner. I’ve been told a thousand times by office users how much easier this makes their lives compared to the various solutions they were using before.
This clearly shows that these document scanners are useful for general office purposes. It
It’s technical specifications are:
Automatic Document Feeder
Simplex / Duplex, Color / Grayscale / Monochrome
Image sensor type
Color CCD (Charge-coupled device) x 2 (front x 1, back x 1)
Multi feed detection
Ultrasonic multi-feed detection sensor x 1, Paper detection sensor
USB 3.0 / USB 2.0 / USB 1.1
Simplex: 60 ppm (200/300 dpi), Duplex: 120 ipm (200/300 dpi)
4. Brother ADS2200 Document Scanners
These document scanners are high-speed duplex colour scanner is ideal for sole practitioners and home office professionals with simple workflow applications that need reliable, fast scanning. Its compact design is ideally suited for a variety of office environments.
These document scanners offer Hi-Speed USB 2.0 local connectivity, simplex and duplex scan speeds up to 35 ppm, and a 50-page capacity auto document feeder (as per company claim).
Its features are:
- Fast Scan Speeds. Scans single and double-sided materials in a single pass, in both colour and black/white, at up to 35ppm.
- High-Precision Scanning. Up to 600 x 600 dpi optical resolution, 1200 x 1200 dpi interpolated.
- Wide Compatibility. Windows, Mac, and Linux compatible.
- Versatile Media Handling. Easily scans documents, photos, receipts, business and plastic cards, and more – from business card size up to 8.5″(W) x 34″(L).
- Bundled with a Robust Software Suite. Including desktop document and business card management programs.
- Scan Destinations. E-mail, OCR, File, Image, and Print. Additionally supports scanning to USB flash memory drive‡ and scanning to phone/tablet.
- Scan Stacks of Paper. With a 50-page capacity auto document feeder.
- Integrated Image Optimization Features.
- At your side support. Free online, call or live chat support for the life of your product. Excellent customer service.
- Advanced Scanning Functionalities Designed for Small and Medium Businesses: Connects to your computer via USB interface and features auto deskew, blank page removal, auto image rotation, background removal and multi-feed detection.
1. Scan to Multiple Convenient Destinations: Using the included scanning software, you can scan documents to a file(3) or image(3), email(3), OCR(3), print(3), USB flash drive, or Android phones or tablets (cable required).
2. It is compatible with the Way you do business, bundled with a suite of scanning software.
3. Scan double-sided material in a single pass:: Efficiently scan and manage single-sided materials at speeds up to 35 pages per minute in both colour and black/white(1). 50-page capacity auto feeder scans paper documents up to 196” long, photos, receipts, business cards, and even plastic I.D. cards.
600 dpi (Optical)|
1200 dpi (Interpolated)
|Scan modes||Colour Grayscale|
|Grayscale depth||8 bit (External)|
|Image Sensor||2xContact image sensor|
|Media Handling||Automated Document Feeder (ADF)|
5. Fujitsu S1100i Mobile Document Scanners
The ScanSnap S1100i document scanners push the limits of size for extreme portability while delivering smooth A4 size document scanning. All you need is your laptop and one USB cable to scan and share your documents anywhere, anytime.
These document scanners deliver a snappy 7.5 seconds/page (approximately 8 ppm) scanning speed for colour A4 documents at resolutions up to 300 dpi.
1. Scans plastic cards and other various document types.
2. Continuous Document Feeding (CDF Function): Even though these document scanners are one of the world’s smallest document feed scanners, you can smoothly scan multiple-page documents with remarkable speed. The Continuous Document Feeding function allows you to insert pages one after another without any extra button pressing by detecting when a sheet enters and exits the S1100i.
3. Two selectable paper paths: Switch the S1100i‘s paper output guide to either the folded position for the straight path or the open position for the U-turn path to best suit the document you want to scan.
4. Generates Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint files: Editable images can be created using the bundled ABBYY FineReader for ScanSnap by scanning directly to Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
5. Fast and flexible application of scanned data with Quick Menu: After scanning is complete, in this document scanner, using ScanSnap Manager for Windows/ Mac, the Quick Menu appears. Navigate through the Quick Menu’s easy to use interface to smoothly send your digitised document to an application of your choice.
6. Efficiently organises data from scanned business cards: Scan your collection of business cards using CardMinder into easy to navigate digital business cardholders. Import the data from your scanned business cards into Excel, Outlook, Address Book, SalesForce and other database programs.
7. New ScanSnapSync: In this document scanner ScanSnap Sync easily synchronises multiple devices. Scanned data will be synced automatically through your chosen cloud service.
8. Scans to a greater range of mobile devices: These document scanners support wireless scanning to iPad and iPhone devices for convenient mobile viewing via the ScanSnap Connect Application, which also comes in a version for Android smartphones and tablets and also for Kindle devices.
CDF (continuous document feeding), simplex sheetfed two way paper pass (straight path, U-turn path)
Simplex scanning, Colour / Grayscale / Mono / Automatic (colour / grayscale / mono detection)
CIS (contact image sensor) x 1
A4, A5, A6, B5, B6, business card, postcard, letter, legal and custom sizes Minimum : 25.4 x 25.4 mm / Maximum : 216 x 360 mm / Automatically recognizes document size
Interface 4 USB 2.0 (USB 1.1 Supported)
3 Colour LED (red / green / blue)
7.5 seconds per page (auto mode) to 35 seconds per page (600 dpi) (excellent mode)
One of the customers had to say this about this document scanner:
My house is full of notebooks of tax and household documents, and I got sick of it! So, I ordered this so I could scan receipts, business cards, personal correspondence, greeting cards, bank statements, and anything else I wanted to store and organize as they arrived in the mail. It feeds the paper through for you. You can do several one after and another (both letter and legal size). The number of pages you can scan for a single documents seems limitless. Takes about 8 seconds to scan a letter sized page. You have to feed each paper through, but it automatically catches and pulls in each sheet, so you don’t have to push a button each time. Great quality scans, even on photos! Well worth the price. You can program it to scan to PDF or JPEG. If you like archiving photos, as I do, this would be an excellent scanner for you to take with you to a relative’s home to scan old photos on the spot.
I could not agree more with this statement. Please do not go on the size of this document scanner, it works like a beast!!
The only complaint I have is minor. If you don’t align the sheet correctly, it mis-feeds but then also creates a page in your PDF document of the messed up page, and there’s no way to delete it before finalizing your scan. The only way to delete it is the download a PDF editor to your computer that will DELETE the messed up page from your document
6. Fujitsu ScanSnap iX100 Wireless Document Scanners
Let us first start with on how to operate these document scanners. To scan documents into a computer, all you need to do is plug your ScanSnap cord into your USB port, insert your document into the feeder and press the blue Scan button.
Your document will be fed through the device. On your computer monitor, you will be prompted to decide whether to end scanning or to add a new document to the feeder.
When you’re done scanning you will be prompted to choose where the image will be saved. You can choose from a variety of options, including any folder on your device, any printer connected to your network, email, iPhoto or cloud storage utilities like Google and Dropbox.
That’s it. You’re done.
Is it same for mobile scanning?
If you prefer to scan to a mobile device you will have a different but equally simple experience. You will be required to download the ScanSnap Connect App on your smartphone.
Once you’re all set up and ready to scan, you will press the blue Scan button within the app, the document will be fed through the ScanSnap, and the document will be sent to your phone. Voila!
Mobile users have two options for connecting the device: 1) using an existing wi-fi connection within your home or office or 2) using the ScanSnap’s dedicated wi-fi network to scan wherever you might find yourself needs a quick scan.
I use the iX100 to scan directly to Evernote. It has options to scan to several other locations as well, but I haven’t used them. The lack of a sheet feeder isn’t as big of deal as I thought it would be thanks to the well thought out functionality of the Scan button. When you press it, the scanner will continue to accept pages until you hit the button again to tell it you are done with that document.
Having said above, this document scanner also makes it easy to handle double-sided documents. When the sheet comes out, you just run it through facing the other way. You don’t have to do anything special because it will just keep scanning every piece of paper you give it into the current document until you tell it to stop.
Another advantage of this is that you can use the scanner without needing to touch the computer keyboard or mouse. The wifi connection works well. It will remember a handful of connections so once it is set up you don’t have to set it up again every time you come back to that network. However, I usually use a USB connection.
If I’m at home on my network, I’ll use the Evernote ScanSnap with the sheet feeder. If I’m somewhere else, chances are it is a new network and I’d have to plug in the USB cord to set it up anyway. It is just as easy to just plug it in and use it that way. Plus I don’t have to wonder if it is charged or not.
7. Epson Perfection V39 Document Scanners
Some of the features of this document scanners are:
- High-quality scanning for photos and documents — 4800 dpi optical resolution1 for amazing clarity and detail.
- Preserve priceless memories — restore, archive and share family photos for generations to come.
- Scan to Facebook, Google Drive and other cloud services — Epson Document Capture Pro and Easy Photo Scan software included.
- Convenient — easy-to-use buttons for simple scan jobs, plus a space-saving built-in kickstand for vertical placement.
- Scan oversized prints, documents and artwork — ArcSoft Scan-n-Stitch Deluxe 2 included.
- Restore colour to faded photos — with one click, Easy Photo Fix technology makes it simple.
- Scan books and photo albums — high-rise, removable lid.
- Remove dust from scanned photos — Advanced Digital Dust Correction.
- Convert scanned documents into editable text — Optical Character Recognition (OCR) software included.
- USB powered — no AC adapter required.
- To make scanning quick and easy, the V39 has four one-touch buttons so you can scan, copy, share and turn your photos and documents into multi-page searchable PDFs1 at the push of a button.
For added versatility, a fully-detachable lid makes scanning of thick books, photo albums and other bound items possible. Thanks to clever software the V39 can even handle larger photos and documents – simply scan the large item in A4 sections and then seamlessly join the sections back together to create the whole image. Scan directly to cloud storage services such as SugarSync and Evernote and easily share your photos with family and friends by scanning straight to Facebook and Picasa.
Also Read: Camping Tents Buying Guide
Flatbed Color Image Scanner
4800 x 4800 dpi
CIS (Contact Image Sensor)
Flatbed 8.5″ x 11.7″
48-bits per pixel internal / 24-bits per pixel external ; Grayscale Bit Depth: 16-bits per pixel internal / 8-bits per pixel external
CIS (Contact Image Sensor)
Three-color RGB LEDs
Color 300 dpi approximately 10 seconds (via USB 2.0)2 ; Color 600 dpi approximately 30 seconds (via USB 2.0)2
Temperature: 50 ° to 95 °F (10 ° to 35 °C) ; Humidity : 20 – 80% (no condensation)
USB Interface Bus Power (Micro-B connector) Rating : 5 V, 500 mA
Operating: 2.5 W , Ready: 1.1 W, Off: 0.0125 W (when PC is suspended)
Hi-speed USB 2.0
Windows 8.1 , Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP SP2,Mac OS X 10.6.x, 10.7.x, 10.8.x, 10.9.x, 10.10.x
4 Buttons: PDF, Send, Copy and Start ; Epson Easy Photo Fix Technology ; Removable scanner lid for oversized and thick media ; Built-in stand for upright scanning and storage
Epson Perfection V39 color scanner, USB cable, Install CD, Set up Poster
9.9″ x 14.4″ x 1.5″ (W x D x H)
8. Fujitsu -B305 document Scanners
This document scanner is designed for professional workloads and engineered to last long. The fi-7460 scanner offers wide-format scanning in a compact, best-in-class space. Robust feeding of mixed documents and automatic stacking technology reduces document handling time and total cost of scanning.
Also Read: 8 Best Microwave Ovens in India
• Fast 60 ppm / 120 ipm at 300 dpi color
• Double Letter and A3 Wide-Format Scanning
• Large Capacity 100 Page Feeder
• Mixed Batch Scanning with Plastic and Embossed cards.
• 1D Barcode, 2D Barcode and Patch Code Separation
• Latest USB 3.0 Connectivity.
• Eco-Friendly LED Scanning.
• Backlit LCD Panel for Easy Viewing and Control
• Manual Feed Mode for Thick Documents.
• Automatic Image Cleanup with PaperStream IP drivers (TWAIN & ISIS).
• PaperStream Capture Software
• Scanner Central Admin Software for Fleet Management.
Its technical specifications are:
|Scanner Type||ADF (Automatic Document Feeder) / Manual Feed, Duplex|
|Scanning Speed (A4 Landscape) (Color/Grayscale/Monochrome||Simplex: 60 ppm (200/300 dpi) Duplex: 120 ipm (200/300 dpi)|
|Scanning Speed*¹ (A4 Portrait) (Color/Grayscale/Monochrome)||Simplex: 50 ppm (200/300 dpi) Duplex: 100 ipm (200/300 dpi)|
|Image Sensor Type||Color CCD x 2 (front x 1, back x 1)|
|Light Source||White LED Array x 4 (front x 2, back x 2)|
|Optical Resolution||600 dpi|
|Output Resolution (Color / Grayscale / Monochrome)||50 to 600 dpi (adjustable by 1 dpi increments) 1,200 dpi (driver)|
|Output Format||Color: 24-bit, Grayscale: 8-bit, Monochrome: 1-bit|
|Image processing functions||Multi image output, Automatic color detection, Blank page detection, Dynamic threshold (iDTC), Advanced DTC, SDTC, Error diffusion, Dither, De-Screen, Emphasis, Dropout color (None/Red/Green/Blue/White/Saturation/Custom), sRGB output, Hole punch removal, Index tab cropping, Split image, De-Skew, Edge correction, Vertical streaks reduction, Cropping, Static threshold|
|ADF Capacity||ADF Capacity 100 sheets (A4)|
|Expected Daily Volume||18,000 sheets|
|Paper Protection||Lag detection, Sound detection (iSOP)|
1. Scanning Performance: With duplex speeds of 120 images per minute at 300 dpi in Color, Grayscale, and Monochrome, the fi-7460 gives departmental performance in desktop space.
2. Fleet Management: Bundled with the fi-7460, Scanner Central Admin provides IT departments an efficient way to manage medium to large scanner deployments. With remotely accessible fleet information, IT departments can monitor, update, and allocate resources effectively based on scan volume, consumable wear, depreciation schedules, and maintenance expiration.
3. Included with Scanner: This document scanner has everything needed to scan out of the box or to integrate with hundreds of software applications.
4. Paper Stream IP Image Cleanup (TWAIN & ISIS) • Paper Stream Capture Batch scanning and PDF creation software. This document scanner has 1D & 2D Barcode Support
I could not help but again quote one of the customers passing verdicts on this document scanner:
I am in the process of digitizing everything that I can. I have a scan snap document scanner and it works great but obviously it would not work for books or other bulky items and was not great for photos. Since I really liked the way Scan Snap works I purchased the Scan Snap SV600. I love it. It was just as easy to set up as the document scanner and is just as easy to operate. After watching a YouTube video I did purchase a clear acrylic sheet from the hardware store to hold the books down (no more fingertips in the scan) The scans are clear, the software works great and I am very happy with the purchase.
I agree with every word of this verdict. And the review on this document scanner is a proof of the same.
9. Fujitsu ScanSnap S1300i Document Scanners
When closed, the document scanner is about the same size as a couple of packs of Bourbon biscuits. That’s two packs taped together, so possibly a little thick for the average laptop bag, but still very portable. There’s no carry case supplied with the scanner, but a very small black-block power supply is included. Specifically useful for general purpose at home.
The top cover flips up to become the paper feed tray, with a two-stage, telescopic extension and a top, flip-over support. This can take up to 10 sheets and the paper feeds through the scanner to eject onto the desktop, in front of it.
A catch in the ScanSnap’s top surface releases the head mechanism, which folds forward to reveal two separate CIS scanner heads, with LED illumination. This is a duplex scanner, which scans both sides of the paper in a single pass and with very little slowdown in the scan speed.
The only control on the machine is a single, illuminated scan button, which works in collaboration with the custom-written ScanSnap software. This includes a setup program to select simplex or duplex scanning and define the scan resolution and output file type, as well as an organizer.
This document scanner is a small, 600-dpi that handles up to ten pages in its automatic document feeder, performs double-sided scanning, and provides good-looking images from a variety of documents.
The S1300 document scanner is one of the few portable scanners available that offer the productivity advantage of a built-in ADF that’s designed to travel along with the scanner itself. As such, the S1300 document scanner is an excellent choice if you need a home or office document scanner that’s also mobile.
This document scanner earned a Very Good rating for its overall image quality (using its default settings). It generally reproduced accurate colour, monochrome, and grayscale documents with clear text and fine details in both shadows and highlights.
Although some scans were slightly lighter in overall appearance than the originals, it was a very subtle distinction that didn’t really detract much from an overall good impression.
1. Impressive scanning speed (12 ppm / 24 ipm).
2. Supports capturing documents for e-mail, printing and for use with Microsoft Word and Excel.
3. Business Card scanning software.
4. Top-class OCR engine seamlessly sync to iPad and iPhone, Android and Kindle devices.
5. Scan your documents to a variety of popular cloud services via the intuitive Quick Menu.
1. Limited ADF capacity
2. Limited software
10. Epson DS-510 Document Scanners
Suited for heavy weight lifting for business purpose. The WorkForce DS-510 is a document scanner, designed for a variety of demanding organisations and sectors, such as government, bank, healthcare and small businesses.
With high scanning speeds and fast data processing features, this sheetfed scanner is ideal for easy document workflow. Multiple users can share the WorkForce DS-510 and benefit from PushScan features using the optional Network Interface Box.
1. High-speed scanner: This document scanner features a compact footprint and high-speed scanning of up to 26ppm / 52ipm, even at 200 and 300dpi in colour or monochrome. This, combined with hardware JPEG compression, makes large scan jobs faster to process. With the optional Network Interface Unit1, the WorkForce DS-510 is ideal for sharing across office/department networks.
2. Document workflow: Epson Document Capture Pro document scanner makes it easy to integrate this business scanner into your document management system, speeding up workflow and enabling you to capture, convert and distribute scanned information into your document repositories. In addition, barcode recognition and Zonal OCR will help automate large document processes, such as file naming and folder creation. The WorkForce DS-510 is easy to integrate thanks to TWAIN, ISIS and WIA driver support.
3. Efficient Epson: Scan software offers a wide range of advanced document imaging features, including multi-document size detection, text enhancement and automatic de-skew to improve efficiency and increase productivity.
4. Network sharing: Share between multiple users using the optional Network Interface Unit. Combined with Document Capture Pro software, the Network Interface Unit allows you to customize ‘scan to’ job commands, such as ‘scan to’ Microsoft SharePoint among others, from the scanner’s panel.
1. Scan directly to popular cloud services — Scan to SharePoint, Evernote, Google Drive and more. It is PC and Mac compatible.
2. Scan to searchable PDFs — scan and edit documents; save scanned documents as PDF files; OCR software included.
3. Advanced colour and image adjustments and more — Color Enhance, Color Dropout, automatic paper size detection and other innovative features.
4. Connect to document management software —TWAIN and ISIS drivers (ISIS available by web download).
5. Tackle any task with versatile paper handling capabilities — scan folded pages, rigid ID cards, stacks of business cards and single sheets.
6. Get reliable performance — duty cycle of up to 3000 sheets per day; double-feed detection prevents paper jams.
7. The WorkForce DS-510 scanner brings a new level of efficiency to your business with fast, easy document management. Scan ID cards, stacks of business cards and more directly to popular cloud services2 with the included software and intuitive one-touch scanning.
|Scanner type||Sheetfed Scanner|
|Scanning Resolution||600dpi x 600dpi (Horizontal x Vertical|
|ADF Maximum Document||215mm x 914mm (Horizontal x Vertical)|
|Paper Format||ats A3 with stitching function, A4, A5, A6, B5, B6, Letter, Postcard, Business cards, Plastic cards, Legal, Executive|
|Color Depth||Input: 48BitsColor / 16BitsMonochrome, Output: 24BitsColor / 8Bit|
|Output format||JPEG, TIFF, multi-TIFF, PDF, searchable -TIFF, PDF, searchable.|
|Scanning speed||Monochrome: 26Pages/min – Colour: 26Pages/min measured with Size: A4 , Resolution: 200 / 300 dpi, Monochrome: 52image/min – Colour:52image/min measured with Size: A4|
As one of the customer puts it:
This is a decent scanner for a small office. It does scan pretty fast. The software is not too terribly bad, but is much slower than ScanSnap software if you comparing the two. I have a ScanSnap ix500, but needed a TWAIN compliant scanner for a software program and tried this. For the price, it is a very good scanner. So for the price difference, it definitely works! If you had a Fujitsu first before this one (like me) you will see a noticeable difference in speed between the two from the time you start your scan to the time you finish. This scanner takes more time to “think” before it actually scans, whereas the Fujitsu starts scanning as soon as you press the button. And the software is slower to process as I mentioned before. The Fujitsu software worked faster and was more accurate at rotating pages and deleting blank pages. This did jam a little more than the ScanSnap, but still not too terribly bad. If you are upgrading from an all in one printer/scanner to this you will love it. But if you had a Fujitsu first before this, you probably won’t like it as much as your Fujitsu.
Hence its cons are:
Bit slower in its operation.
But we think at the price this document scanner is available is great enough for you to ignore the slowness in its operation. Rest assured, it would not prove to be a big disappointment.
11. Desktop Duplex Scanners
The Brother Image Center ADS-1500W document scanner is a wireless compact desktop scanner offers powerful features for your home office or small business.
Using the 20-page capacity auto document feeder, this scanner can capture single and double-sided documents in a single pass at speeds of up to 18ppm, making it perfect for scanning multi-page, two-sided business documents. Supports scanning to a wide variety of destinations including cloud services‡ such as Google Drive, Evernote and OneDrive, as well as mobile devices
1. Fast Scan Speeds: Scans single and double-sided materials in a single pass, in both colour and black/white, at up to 18ppm.
2. High-Precision Scanning: This document scanner has up to 600 x 600 dpi optical resolution, 1200 x 1200 dpi interpolated.
3. Multi-Page Scanning: It the 20-sheet capacity auto document feeder (ADF).
4. Wide Compatibility: This document scanner has windows, Mac, and Linux compatible.
5. Versatile Media Handling: It Easily scans documents, photos, receipts, business and embossed plastic cards, and more – from business card size up to 8.5″(W) x 34″(L).
6. Enhanced Scan-to Destinations: Including Network folders, cloud applications, and mobile devices via the free Brother iPrint & Scan app.
7. Advanced Scanning Features: This document scanner has background removal, blank page removal, deskew support, auto crop, and auto image rotation.
8. Bundled with a Valuable Software Suite: Including PDF conversion, desktop document and business card management, OCR, and receipt management programs.
9. Wireless Networking and Web Connect: This document scanner enables direct scanning to a variety of cloud applications including GOOGLE Drive, EVERNOTE, Box, and DROPBOX.
10. 2.7″ Color Touch Screen Display: With 12 programmable shortcuts for one-touch scanning to common destinations.
11. Receipt Management Software Includes BR-Receipts, offering organization of scanned receipts and data exporting to Quicken and QuickBooks.
12. At your sides support. Free online, call or live chat support for the life of your product.
|Automatic Document Feeder Capacity (max. pages)||20-sheet capacity ADF|
|LCD Display||2.7″ color Touchscreen|
|Programmable Shortcut Buttons||12|
|Duplex Scan Speeds (black & color) (max ipm)‡||36|
|Image Sensor||Dual CIS|
|Included Software||Nuance® PaperPort® SE with OCR for Windows, Brother ControlCenter2 with OCR for Mac®, Presto!® PageManager® with OCR for Mac®|
|Interpolated Scan Resolution (max. dpi)||Up to 1200 x 1200 dpi|
|Optical Scan Resolution (max. dpi)||Up to 600 x 600 dpi|
|Scan Drivers Included‡||TWAIN, WIA, ICA, ISIS, SANE|
|Scan File Formats||JPEG (JPG), PDF Single-page/Multi-page (PDF/A, High Compression PDF, TIFF Single-page/Multi-page (TIF), Text (TXT)|
|Scan To Feature||E-mail‡, Image, OCR, File, FTP, USB, Cloud Services (Web Connect)‡|
|Scanning Capability||Black and White, Color|
|Scanning Modes||24-Bit Color, 8-Bit Gray Scale, 1-Bit Monochrome|
|Simplex Scan Speeds (black & color) (max ppm).||18|
1. WIRELESS ENABLED DUPLEX DOCUMENT SCANNER PACKS BUSINESS-FOCUSED FEATURES:
The Brother ImageCenter ADS-1500W document scanner offers powerful features for business including two-sided scanning, wireless 802.11 b/g/n network connectivity, direct cloud scanning1, a 2.7” color Touch Screen display, and an up to 20-page capacity auto document feeder, all in a compact design.
This document scanner captures single- and double-sided documents in a single pass at speeds of up to 18ppm2. Great for scanning multi-page, two-sided business documents, as well as documents up to 34” long3, receipts, business cards, photographs, and laminated identification cards via the rear card slot.
2. ADVANCED SCANNING FUNCTIONALITY IN A SPACE-SAVING DESIGN
The ADS-1500W connects to your wireless network, or to a single machine via USB interface, to scan at up to 1200×1200 dpi resolution (interpolated) and 600×600 (optical).
This document scanner has a compact footprint, along with advanced scanning features such as deskew support, blank page removal, auto image rotation and background removal, make it great for a home office or small business that regularly scans and digitizes printed information, but may not have space for a larger scanner.
3. SCAN TO A VARIETY OF LOCAL OR SHARED DESTINATIONS, AS WELL AS POPULAR CLOUD APPLICATIONS:
The ADS-1500W document scanner gives you the option to scan to a number of different destinations to help you manage your documents and workflow.
With this document scanner, you can scan documents to cloud applications such as GOOGLE DRIVE™, EVERNOTE, DROPBOX, PICASA, WEB ALBUMS, FACEBOOK, FLICKR, BOX, and SkyDrive directly from the 2.7” Touch Screen Display. You can also scan to your USB flash drive4, or to compatible mobile devices using the free Brother iPrint & Scan app5, or scan to a file, email, or image. You can also scan to a shared folder, email server, or FTP, to save, distribute, and share information.