The elliptical cross trainer is one of the most popular machines. They provide a low-impact cardio workout that simulates running, but the machine reduces the impact.
The motion of an elliptical cross trainer helps protect your joints from damage, which is essential for anyone with knee, hip, or lower-body injuries. Beyond that, an elliptical can make workouts fun, so it’s no wonder that it’s a popular choice for home workout equipment.
Also Read: Best Refrigerators in India
Most Common FAQ Addressed:
Question 1: What does this blog covers?
Solution: The entire length and breadth of best elliptical cross trainer out there. We have done a detailed comparison of a treadmill with the elliptical cross-trainer. With each and every information available you do not need to go anywhere else.
Question 2: What are the topic touched in this blog?
Solution: Glad that you asked this question. We have touched topics like the best cross trainer, best home cross trainer, best cross trainer machine, best cross trainer in India, best elliptical cross trainer brand in India, best budget cross trainer, cross trainer cheap, cross trainer good for, best cheap cross trainer, best compact cross trainer, best value cross trainer, best cross trainer for home use.
Buying Guide For Elliptical Cross Trainer
A. Your Budget
Yes, you guessed it right!! Money matters. For many people, money is the most significant factor in buying any piece of home gym equipment.
While selecting an elliptical cross trainer, you should also take into account your workout needs and body type. If you have a smaller build and will use the machine for your weekly run, a small machine may be sufficient.
Then again, if you have a more massive build or want to use the machine as part of your HIIT training, you’ll want something sturdy that can stand up to you and your goals.
If you cannot afford this elliptical cross trainer that meets your needs right away, it might be worth your while to save up for a higher quality machine, and we will soon provide you with a list of a best elliptical trainer.
Also Read: Best Dishwasher In India
B. Your Workout Space
Elliptical machines are not small. They can take up quite a bit of space, so you need to ensure your home can handle the machine you’re buying.
You can expect for an elliptical cross trainer to be between four and seven feet in length. You’ll also need to leave room for the pedals while you’re in motion. For some machines, these can extend a foot or so behind the mainframe. You’ll also want to account for about 3 and a half feet of free space on either side.
The last thing to consider is your ceiling height, especially if you’re hoping to put it in the basement. Some elliptical trainer can have a maximum pedal height of a foot or more at the apex. If you’re tall or don’t have much headroom in your space, you could be hitting your head.
C. Elliptical Cross Trainer Styles
There are three basic designs in an elliptical trainer :
- Front-Drive: Typically, these have large wheel housing at the front of the machine. They tend to be the most affordable because it’s a basic design, though they can be noisy and vibrate quite a bit.
- Center-Drive: The design is similar to a treadmill, but with pedals where the track would be. These offer a very gentle workout. They also tend to be the most compact design, but you need to account for the pedal reach in the back.
- Rear-Drive: Smaller wheel housing is located behind the pedals, making these the most extended design. The pedals may be on a track-and-roller that allows for an incline. Some use a suspended arm system instead and offer the smoothest workout.
D. Features to kill for!! Like Literally
Some of the features you want to look for in an elliptical cross trainer include:
- Stride Length: Some machines only offer a 14-inch stride which would be too short for someone of average size. Look for one with a stride around 21 inches instead. An adjustable stride is available and would be good if multiple people will be using it.
- Smooth Motion: Make sure the pedals move smoothly and quietly. It shouldn’t feel jerky, and it should fit, so you’re comfortable through the entire movement. None of the pieces should impede your motion, either.
- Upper Body Comfort: You don’t need arm handles, but it’s an excellent option for more intensity. Also, you want to make sure that the handgrip movement is comfortable for you.
- The Quiet Factor: Some machines can be quite loud. You don’t want your workout to sound like a freight train, especially if you enjoy one in the morning when your family’s trying to sleep.
Also Read: Top home theatres in India
- Adjustable Resistance: Most elliptical cross trainer machines offer adjustable resistance, and a broad range can offer maximum benefits. It should be very easy at the lowest setting and be quite a challenge at about 75 per cent, with noticeable changes at each level. This allows you to go further as you gain strength and endurance.
- Adjustable Incline: This isn’t necessary, but being able to adjust the ramps can add intensity to your workouts. Some machines offer automatic adjustments while others must be done manually.
E. Going Extra Mile!!
To keep your workout both safe and effective, you should look for an elliptical cross trainer that offers warm-up and enough cool-down periods. Handrails that provide balance should not get in the way, either. You’ll also want an easy-to-read console, so you know how hard you’re working.
Also Read: Best Buying Guide For Washing Machine
To get what you pay for, look for a maintenance-free or low maintenance elliptical cross trainer and a good warranty (one year for labour, one to three years for parts) just in case something happens.
If you have children, an elliptical cross trainer machine can look like a fun toy. Some machines include a pin lock so the pedals can’t move and others let you lock up the screen and operations. These are safety features to consider, though many parents simply close the door if one’s available in the room.
F. Bonus Features
This is part where we should lay extra stress because your elliptical cross trainer can have all sorts of bonus features. Some will help with your workout while others can make it more enjoyable. For instance, a water bottle holder is suitable for staying hydrated while a tablet holder can keep you entertained.
A heart rate monitor is one useful feature to consider. An interactive version, in your elliptical trainer, that can even automatically adjust your workout to keep you in your zone. Many machines include pre-set programs, though the more you spend, the more you’ll get. Some also allow you to create your customized workouts.
Features like wi-fi, a fitness tracker app, and a great variety of motivation software can be useful as well. Keep in mind that the more features you choose, the more money you’ll need to spend. Yet, if it keeps you on track and enjoying your workout, it may be worth it.
Elliptical Cross Trainer Vs Treadmill
Go to any gym, and you’ll see the most popular cardio machines are usually the treadmill and the elliptical cross trainer. Both are excellent for cardio workouts and burning calories, but many people gravitate toward treadmills just because they’ve been around a lot longer than elliptical trainers. Although, we personally feel both are awesome stuff.
Also Read: Dyson Hair Dryer And Airwrap
The treadmill mimics your natural walking and running, while the elliptical trainer may feel a little more foreign to your body. The best choice for your cardio workout comes down to personal preference.
An elliptical cross trainer combines arm and leg motion. A flywheel provides adjustable tension. It’s a popular choice for home use as well as at the gym.
- No-Impact Workout: Your feet would never leave the pedals, so your bone, joints, and ligaments don’t have the same stresses as running. This is a significant benefit if you have joint problems or pain.
- A Total Body Workout: By using the arm handles as well as the pedals, you work your upper body and core, not just your lower body.
- A Natural Movement: The movement of the elliptical cross trainer is kind of like riding a bike standing up, so it feels like a natural way the body moves.
- It Feels Easier: Research published in 2010 demonstrated that you could burn the same number of calories with an elliptical as you can with a treadmill, only it may feel more comfortable. It may be because they lack of impact gives you the impression that you’re putting in less effort.
- Different type of exercise: Not only can you add resistance to change your workouts, but you can also go backwards—something you can’t easily (or safely) do on a treadmill.
- Cost: You can buy a good-quality elliptical cross trainer for far less than a good-quality treadmill.
- No-Impact Workout: While this may be a pro for people with joint problems, one you do need some impact in your daily life to keep your bones strong, something the elliptical doesn’t offer.
Also Read: Top Foot Massager In India
- Numb Feet: Because you don’t have to pick up your feet, they can get numb the longer you work out. You may have to shift your feet and move your toes around to get your circulation going.
- Burning Legs: When you first use an elliptical trainer, you will be using your quadriceps in a new way. This can give you that burning sensation you feel when using a muscle to its maximum. This should subside after several sessions as your muscles respond to this new challenge.
- Repetitive: There aren’t many variations in what you can do on an elliptical trainer, and the repetitive movements can get boring for people who need more variety.
A motorized treadmill uses a motor to move the belt, allowing you to walk or run in place.
- Impact Workout: You can make this a low-impact workout by walking or a high-impact exercise by running, both of which help build strong bones3 and may help you burn more calories during your workout.
- Variety: You can walk or run on the treadmill at varying speeds, and you can change up the incline as well for different types of workouts.
- Better for Runners: The elliptical is excellent for cross-training but, if you’re a runner, the treadmill provides sport-specific training for races or charity runs.
- Easy to Use: There is not much of a learning curve for treadmill walking, other than getting used to the moving belt.
- Doesn’t Always Translate to Outdoor Running or Walking: Because the treadmill belt moves, it helps pull your legs back, reducing some of the efforts you would typically feel when running outside. There’s no wind resistance or terrain change, and most treadmills lack a downhill “decline” function. Moving from indoors to outdoors may be a big surprise for your body.
- Dull: It can be monotonous running or walking to nowhere on a treadmill, and you may need tactics to prevent boredom.
- Risk of Injury: The belt moves, and there’s always a risk of slipping and falling.
- Cost: You get what you pay for when it comes to treadmills. A treadmill that is suitable for running rather than walking needs a powerful motor and a durable frame. This is pretty expensive
It depends upon the requirement and ease with which you would like to exercise. If you think you are more of a running person, then the treadmill is your friend. If you think you are more of HIIT kind of person, then I would recommend you to go with an elliptical trainer.
Few Benefit Of Elliptical Cross Trainer
A. Low Impact Exercise
Elliptical cross trainer reduces the stress and strain on your legs through an elliptical motion. Your feet never leave the pedals. It is like walking in midair. Although this is not the case when you walk or run.
In comparison, when you walk or run, every step causes a jolt to your body. It is suggested that runners impact up to 2.5 times their body weight. This affects not only the joints in your legs but also your lower back.
B. Natural Path for Foot and Leg Motion
Also, there is no reverse action. The shape of the elliptical movement mimics the natural path of the ankle, knee, and hip joints during walking, jogging or running. To further reduce the strain on your joints, many elliptical trainers are equipped with articulating foot pedals that conform to your stride.
Not only do your feet never leave the pedal, but also the pedal adjusts to the angle of the elliptical stride.
Also Read: Best Whey Protein Powder In India
C. Weight-Bearing Exercise
In comparison to a fitness machine like a stationary bicycle, an elliptical cross trainer provides a weight-bearing exercise. Weight-bearing exercises are essential to inhibit the onset of osteoporosis.
D. Dual Action Workout for Both the Upper and Lower Body
What makes an elliptical cross trainer unique is the combined upper and lower body workout. There is no other fitness equipment that simultaneously works as many muscle groups. That is why many refer to an elliptical trainer as an elliptical cross trainer. With these machines, you get a workout that utilizes the quadriceps, hamstrings, glutes, chest, back, triceps, and biceps.
To get the full benefit of the dual-action workout, it is vital that you distribute the resistance between your upper and lower body. Many people who exercise on an elliptical cross trainer, place most of the resistance on their lower body and only go through the motions with the upper handlebars.
As a suggestion, please don’t make that mistake, ensure that you get excellent upper bodywork.
E. Burning More Calories
The apparent benefit of exercising more muscles is that you tone more of your body. Furthermore, you also optimize your energy expenditure. You end up burning more calories and fat in less time. It is also suggested that there is a reduced perceived rate of exertion with an elliptical workout. You are exercising harder than you would normally perceive.
F. Enjoying Your Workout Programs
Like a treadmill, an elliptical cross trainer has a variety of challenging exercise programs. These programs mimic hill climbing or interval training through alternating resistance. Many elliptical trainers have wireless heart rate control, which allows you to optimize your workout by letting your heart rate control the resistance level.
G. Lower Maintenance
A benefit of an elliptical trainer over a treadmill is reduced maintenance. Due to the low-impact elliptical motion, and because of fewer moving parts, an elliptical trainer is less likely to require service. You do not have to worry about belts, motors, rollers, and bearings burning out.
Is there a drawback to an elliptical trainer? Yes, some people find the dual-action elliptical exercise awkward and are more comfortable simply walking or jogging on a treadmill. Some models of elliptical trainers have a set width for the pedals that may be a wider or narrower stance that feels comfortable.
Also Read: Best Microwave Convection Oven
Top Elliptical Cross Trainer In India For Home Use
One of the customers has to say this about this elliptical trainer:
I have been regular gym-goer and have seen many ellipticals; this is one of the best. Especially for the price. No noise due to magnetic wheel. The build is sturdy.
Though it was a bit tough assembly was fun. Suggest to grees moving parts once in 3 months for it to be smooth.
Occupies less space and looks good. It is a value for money.
- This elliptical trainer has 4 kgs flywheel with two-way rotation; Flywheel increases the momentum of your speed-reducing your impact on your knees.
- It has Large LCD window monitor to track speed, time, distance, scan, heart rate and calories burnt.
- Most importantly, this elliptical trainer has 8 Level manual magnetic resistance control allows you to adjust your workout intensity effortlessly—vertical seat adjustment basis user’s height.
- It is out of durable and high-quality metal which can support a maximum of 80kgs, and the pedals are designed to Non-slip to increase stability and comfort. Includes handy transport wheels to move it from one room to another conveniently.
- Excellent customer service available pan India
- This elliptical trainer size is small, suitable for shorter persons (5’7”) below.
- There are no free installation charges. Charges are quite high.
It is an elliptical trainer with a 4 Way seat adjustment that offers a full-body workout. Once you invest in this elliptical trainer, you will be rewarded with a durable piece of equipment which provides the pleasure of working out without having to venture out to head to the gym.
Some of the pros are:
- You can glance at the LCD monitor, which tracks calories, time, speed and distance.
- This elliptical trainer has a flywheel size of diameter 500 mm with 2.2 Kgs. It also has wit stationery and moving handlebar.
- On this elliptical trainer, you can do aerobic exercise, which increases cardiorespiratory fitness, which is one of the five essential components of physical fitness. With just 20 minutes sustained in the air walker, it can help you lose, control or maintain your weight.
- It is one of the most awesome elliptical trainers in India.
The above points can be seen in the statement of the customers use it:
Alright, I bought this as it was the only one which did not have any negative review. The machine itself is very sturdy and perfect for a great home workout, the installation was quite fast, and the customer service is good for Cockatoo. Please go for it, as I bought this to lose weight for surgery. I had read that indoor cycle with high resistance burns 900 Kcals/hour, I am so happy!
- Recommended for those who are short than 5.8.
I asked one of my friends using this elliptical trainer to write a review on this product. Below is his statement regarding this equipment:
I am writing this review from my first-hand experience of Cockatoo exercise cycle. I am writing this review after using for a couple of months, and I can say that the manual that came with it helped me during assembling it & made it easy to install it, it’s Worth of every penny invested in it, with its regular usage I have lose a few kilos only in 2 months also the build quality is Durable and Easy to use. I will recommend going with Cockatoo.
Some of the features of this elliptical trainer are:
- Eight levels of magnetic resistance help, in this elliptical trainer, you to Intensify your exercise. With a simple twist, you can increase or decrease the level of magnetic resistance.
- Textured & fixed-incline pedals are designed to provide maximum grip and stability. Experience a pedal incline (up to 12.82°) that automatically adjusts to the natural movement of your feet.
- This elliptical trainer has 3 Position adjustable Pedal keeps your wrist in a neutral position and help you ineffective workouts.
- In this elliptical trainer, you can take advantage of the digital meter to track time, distance, speed, wattage, heart rate, calories burned, and rotations per minute.
- The heavy-duty steel frame on this home elliptical supports up to 130 Kg, which maximizes stability during an intense workout.
- You can grab the full-motion handlebars during your workout to engage muscles in your arms, shoulders, back, and chest.
- This elliptical trainer stimulates muscles in your lower body when you are rotating your legs along the 15.75-inch stride length.
- Judging by the reviews and personal experience of my friend, we can quickly assemble it with the help of the manual that comes with it.
None that we could point to.
One of the best and quite expensive elliptical trainer in India.
One of the customers had to say this about this elliptical cross trainer:
Received the item in 2 days and installation was done on the same day.
The after service is also excellent. When there was a minor problem, the person immediately attended and rectified.
The stride of the machine is optimum, and there have been no issues during running.
The running is smooth without any noise unlike ordinary belted machines value for money
- It has 7 kgs flywheel increases the momentum of your speed and make your workout effortless and less stressful for knees.
- Large LCD window monitor(18 inches) to track speed, time, scan, distance heart rate and calories burnt. Oversized Pedals: Train safely with two oversized pedals designed to secure and accommodate feet of all sizes.
- This elliptical cross trainer has a new innovative 3 point cranking system for comfortable load carrying and smooth functioning. It has hand pulse pad conveniently placed on handrails to allow for easy measurement of heart rate.
- 8 Level manual magnetic resistance control allows you to adjust your workout intensity effortlessly.
- It has vertical seat adjustment which can be adjusted basis user’s height; Extra wide pedals with straps to increase stability. Includes handy transport wheels to move it from one room to another conveniently.
- Free installation, no charges at all.
Also Read: Best Full Body Massage Chair In India
- Quite expensive.
- Assembling instruction videos are not very clear and does not add any advice of greasing the joints.
This elliptical cross trainer is one of the most cost-effective ones. The number of features available in it makes it one of the most sought after elliptical cross trainer in India. Though, when we used this equipment ourselves, we could see a couple of improvements that could be inculcated in it, which is discussed under cons below.
One of the customers had to say this about this elliptical cross trainer:
Good product, packing OK, except in one corner where it was bent a little, the piece where you mount the LED panel, the top square plate on which it is mounted was bent, hammered it into shape.
Assembly video needs improvement, especially to demonstrate from which side the bolts need to come in, the nut side or the bold head side. The resistance control is not working, the wire connection is the problem I think. Will need to recheck it later when I have time. Overall OK.
- This elliptical trainer has 6 kg Flyweight for Smooth Cycling Experience.
- It has 8 Magnetic Resistance Levels with a max weight capacity of 100 kgs.
- This elliptical trainer has synchronized exercise between hands and legs. You can also do full-body workout at the Convenience of Your Home.
- Large LCD & Elegant Hand rest; Big Comfortable Footrest; Easy Transportation Wheels.
- Needs a bit of design improvement, the cable that connects to the inside of the tension wheel rubs against it and makes noise, I had to open up the entire machine and rearrange to cable configuration to stop the noise.
- Also, the plastic cover fittings to hide the lug bolts need to be made simpler to assemble.
- Assembly instructions need to be more specific also need to mention the right and left turn bolts so that it’s easy to install.
This compact training station is an ideal choice to bring home. Investing in this machine will not only reward you with a durable piece of equipment, but you will also have the pleasure of working out without having to venture out to head to the gym.
One of the most useful features of this bike is the multi-function display feature. Equipped with five different functions, this elliptical trainer keeps tracks off, and provides you with updated information on, crucial details such as speed, time, distance, calories, and pulse.
One of the customers had to say this about it:
Very Very Good product using for seven months, some parts are missing with the package, but after contact with the seller, they parcel all the product to my house with door delivery so no worry at all. ENJOYING EXERCISE. Sturdy product digital panel working good and show all the information, AA battery required for the digital panel also without that 1 one can exercises. overall best product at low price
Some of the pros of this elliptical trainer are:
- It has a five function display computer showing speed, time, distance and calories, scan and hand pulse. The kind of exercises – bike, pedal, step and run and rowing- can be done.
- Cycling motion exercises the lower body while the rowing motion firms the upper arms, shoulders and abdominal muscles. Other features – it also has an adjustable up and down seat and four handles with the computer display.
- This elliptical trainer has the belt resistance with natural elliptical motion.
- This multifunctional equipment is more than just an exercise bike. It is also an elliptical trainer that offers a full-body and core workout, all at the same time.
None that we could point to.
Kobo orbital is scientifically designed elliptical trainer to achieve perfection regarding upper as well as lower body workouts.
One of the customers who ordered this elliptical trainer via Amazon has to say the following:
Item received in good condition. The only issue was that it was sent as two packages. One I received within four days, and other package reached after 12 days. This was a mistake by the courier company.
No complaints on the product, though. It was assembled in an hour or so. Assembly would be easy when you follow the instructions. Package comes with the necessary tools
Used for a week now and good so far. The seller was promptly responding for my queries over email, surprised actually.
Would say a good buy.
It is an ideal machine to achieve your cardiovascular targets and workout goals safely and securely. Kobo elliptical cross trainer ensures that working out on this machine will not take a toll on your knees and joints.
The pressure can be regulated according to the preference of the user. The seat is adjustable and comfortable. The machine is designed in such a manner that it functions smoothly and silently.
Twister helps to relax the feet. It helps in acupressure regularly working out on this machine will help you to tone your muscles and burn the unnecessary fat.
The elliptical cross trainer is well equipped to suit the requirements of people across all age, shape and size. This machine is easy to assemble.
No specific con associated with this elliptical trainer.
One of the customers had to say this about this elliptical cross trainer:
I bought this exercise bike after a lot of searching online as well as offline. None other was as good as this one in price up to 20000. This bike feels premium, runs smooth, has all required functions, the seat is adjustable for height & distance. Heart rate sensor works well. This elliptical trainer doesn’t take much space even.Reach support and installation was impressive. Mr Ram Kumar did the installation correctly, in less than 30 minutes and it’s free.
I got it during a sale for 16000, but delivery took a few days.
Buy it without any doubt.
Some of the features of this elliptical cross trainer are:
- This elliptical cross trainer is the closest you get to cycling on the road. Use it as a standard bike, city bike or racing bike to tone legs and gluten muscles in a fun and effective way.
- The saddle can adjust up and down, front and back. The handlebars are also allowed to be rotated to fit in your comfort.
- This elliptical cross trainer has a state-of-the-art LCD screen that acts as an odometer and displays time, speed, distance, and calories burned in extra-large numbers for excellent readability.
- This elliptical cross trainer has 360 Degree Handle Rotation with anti Shake Resistance. You also get a tablet Holder, Heart Rate Monitoring, 8 Kg Fly Wheel, 8 Level of Magnetic Resistance, better Anti-Slip Pedals with adjustable Strap, Easy to move Wheels, 4 Way adjustable seat with maximum User Weight 120 Kg.
- This elliptical cross trainer has 1 year of warranty.
- The seat is cushiony and comfortable even for overweight people.
- The seat is both horizontally as well as vertically adjustable, which is the most crucial part for catering the needs for people with knee injuries or elders or people with different heights.
- The resistance levels, the adjustable handles in this elliptical cross trainer are a colossal plus point.
- The display screen is accurate and displays pulse rate, speed, distance, time and calories burnt.
- It’s an overall sturdy and robust and compact design. Value for money overall.
- Max weight capacity of this elliptical cross trainer is 110kgs which is good.
- It has wheels to move around within the house quickly.
- Nothing. At the most maybe some will find this pricey but trust me, all the reviews are genuine. This is worth the price paid.
The elliptical cross trainer is more for cardio while those with knee injuries or elders people should opt for magnetic resistance bikes which strain less on the knee. So that is all from our end. If you think there are few changes to be made in this blog for the best elliptical cross trainer in India, do inform us via your comments.